Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Cleaning painted walls

David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 9/24/2008 8:51 AM Peetie Wheatstraw spake thus:

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 23:16:51 -0400, Norminn
wrote:

Peetie Wheatstraw wrote:

So, how did you apply Fantastic? Rag/sponge?

Scrubbing Bubbles is also a very good cleaner and comes in an
aerosol. You would probably have to wear a mask and goggles, but
spraying it on and using the mob thingy might work. Also, the mop-
squeegies for washing windows might work if you put down a drop
cloth of some kind.

The wall finish is too rough for a squeegie. Either I get one of
these solvents to work from the roll-a-matic sponge, or I'll
(latex) paint the damned thing again.

Except that in order to repaint it, you're going to need to get that
crud off first ...

How about some other kind of mop-rag thingie on a handle? Must be
something that'll get into little crevices.

There is a mop-like thingy for washing windows that might work and can
be put on a long handle. It is wide,
like a rubber squeegy, but is fiber that will soak up some water and can
be wrung out. Or, spray on soapy cleaner,
let it soak, rinse by spraying with a garden sprayer with plain water,
let dry? Messy )