Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] asahitoro@nospam.com is offline

Default Time for a new central AC, need advice.

In article , dpb wrote:

Also, I can add the Train 'Clean Effects' air cleaner for the whole
household for an extra $900 ($6600 total installed). Is the Clean
Effects add-on useful and effective? My 11yo daughter has allergies and
we would like to cut down on the dust if it will help significantly.

That's "Trane", not a train...

On the whole-house air cleaners. They do work a make significant and
observable difference.

That's based on experience w/ old Bryant unit in a dry climate and on a
farm where there is always much pollen, grain dust, etc., etc., etc.,
around besides the normal household stuff. Owing to the dry conditions,
molds and that sort of thing are pretty minimal.

How to compare that to FL and a presumably urban environment I have no
idea though...

--

Thanks for the input,

Sorry about that, yes Trane is what I meant. It's been a crazy two
days. The guy actually just called back and he said that Trane would
discount the Clean Effects even more so it would be $6400 installed for
everything.

Still a lot of dough but it's the best thing I've seen so far and I've
compared with recently installed neighbor's jobs. I'm sure I could save
a lot with used parts but again, I'm not feeling comfortable going with
that route on a 12yo system.