Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Storage solutions?

"Swingman" wrote in message
but it is the successful, relatively long term (year or two) storage of

the
smaller, boxed items, like router bits, metal hand tools, squares, planes,
blades, chisels, etc. that I'm interested in.

May I inquire as to why you need to store all your tools?

Reminds me of when I put most of my big tools (table saw, router, work bench
ect.) into public storage in 1994. At the rental rate of $100 a month, it
wasn't until four years later that I emptied the rental storage just to get
out from under the cost. I spent nearly $5000 on that storage rental,
frequently thinking about what my father once told me. "You don't sell your
tools" he said. With what I spent on rental costs holding onto those tools,
I could have bought similar new tools twice over. What a waste!