Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels[_2_] Lee Michaels[_2_] is offline

Default Storage solutions?

"Swingman" wrote

Unfortunately, I find it necessary to pack up/store the majority of my
shop tools.

The "big iron" items are pretty well taken care of (Thanks again,
Leon!!!!), but it is the successful, relatively long term (year or two)
storage of the smaller, boxed items, like router bits, metal hand tools,
squares, planes, blades, chisels, etc. that I'm interested in.

Besides the usual desiccants, etc ... has anyone had any _firsthand_
experience/success with the impregnated rust/corrosion inhibitors in a
form that you can use in boxes to alleviate rusting, similar to these?:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...67&cat=51&ap=3

How well did they work? How much do you need? Is there something, or a
combination of methods, that works better? Do they work better in airtight
containers? What you would have done different, etc ...

I figure some of you guys who went through Katrina/Rita on the Gulf Coast
may have "BTDT", so thanks in advance for any _firsthand_ experience in
long term (one to two year) storing of items like these.

Getting ready to move to a simpler State/time?