Posted to uk.d-i-y
dmc dmc is offline

Default Hardboard over floor - soaking it to prevent bowing?

In article ,
Peter Hemmings wrote:

Still if anyone has soaked it - it would be nice to know how they kept
it flat!

Many years ago I had a summer job with a couple of mates helping out the
headteacher of our school husband to some work in the school.

Part of this was building partition walls - and then cladding the bottom o
them in hardboard.

We did wet it and then fit it wet (looked awful!) and by the next morning
it had pulled really tight and flat...

Saying that, I didn't bother when I boarded our kitchen with it and that
seemed fine for 5 years before SWMBO picked something else.

Not sure I've helped really

Darren