Posted to uk.d-i-y
Billaboard Billaboard is offline

Default Demon news has become disconnected from the internet.

Oh, and PS, of course one can use another news provider, which is how
I'm here.

The thing about Demon is that it was a moderately priced, moderately
competemt ISP that had a track record of being started and initially run
by people with a vague interest in the technology. These people evn
posted occasionally, so they felt real and human.

Sad that a bunch of failed Scottish accountants bought it, and have now
sold it on to, presumably, another bunch of no-marks trading under a
used-to-be respected name.

I think I've lived too long. Fed up with idiots changing companies'
names to something stupid like Thus, LessThan and so on. Fed up with
British Gas ringing me almost every day wanting me to change all my
accounts to them. If they have any spare employees, I want them to be
looking for leaks or a new job, not making me put down my tea and answer
the phone.