Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ Andy Champ is offline

Default Demon news has become disconnected from the internet.

Billaboard wrote:
Ed Sirett wrote:
Dear Fellow Demons,
Looks like we can still communicate with each other but not with
anyone else. Seems it has been like this since Friday 19th.
It took three phone calls to get them to modify the Summary Status.
You'd have thought they could have found the disconnected cable by now?

This is a problem why? At least one of the newsgroups I use has been
made virtually unusable all summer with x-posts from demon.local. Seems
to have got better now the kiddies are back at school...

snip
The trouble is to know which ISP to move to. Having helped a friend on
Onetel/TalkTalk, experiencing their literally unbelievably inept
"service" on multiple occasions, and reading that they are possibly
buying Tiscali, despair is a word that springs to mind.

Sorry Tiscali good?

I used to have a Pipex account. Tiscali took them over. A bit later my
credit card expired: "You've cancelled your direct debit so we're going
to cut you off in 6 days unless you do something" (or words to that
effect). Not friendly. So I got a MAC code, sent them a check for the
last month, and cancelled. In April. They are still phoning me "You
have a problem with your account" left by a robot on my answering
machine several times; also emails and letters threatening legal action
if I don't pay the increasing charges for the account I don't have any
more. Coupled with occasional responses back to emails saying the data
protection act stops them doing anything, ignoring a recorded delivery
letter, and occasional suggestions that I phone them back on a premium
rate (0870) number.

Memo to self: Contact OFCOM.

fx pause

Ah OK, I have to complain through CISAS, a 3rd part arbitration service.

fx pause

Complaint now submitted. Let's see what CISAS can do! Thanks for
reminding me.

Andy