Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Radio Electronics, February 1986

Graham. wrote:
"Francisco José Cañizares Santofimia" wrote in
message
On 24 sep, 11:10, "Graham." wrote:
[x-posted to uk.tech.digital-tv where I know it will be of interest]

I wonder what the correction was. Wrong warp factor I guess!

I wonder it too, so I hope anyone has it an can send the scan to
or

Thank you very much for your reply.

Francisco

Back in the '80s people would go to all sorts of lengths
to construct a dish, as the little that was available to the
public was expensive.
I knew someone who was a sound engineer for the BBC,
he borrowed a microwave radio-link dish to use
as a template or former for the one he moulded with
fibre-glass.

well that was in essence no different to how they were made 'professionally'

Large plaster moulds from CNC cut formers, lovingly smoothed, and
chicken wire and fiberglass applied over..might have had a coat of
conducting paint or something or a metal loaded gel coat..