Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Ross Herbert Ross Herbert is offline

Default Want to build a HEI ignition module similar to 70's style

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:26:42 -0400, default wrote:

oes anyone have a schematic for a simple four pin HEI ignition module
:from 1970's+ ignition systems. They appear to contain an SCR and a
air of diodes and resistors.
:
:Pickup Coil connects to two terminals and battery and induction coil
rimary the other two, mounting screw provides a ground connection.
:
:Original type mounted to the distributor plate on GM cars and others
:and was ~1/4 round shape - I want to adapt it to a motorcycle that has
ickup coils mounted remote from the modules.

Most 70's era street bikes would run from the 12V battery supply so you would
have to buy a kit suitable for this power supply. I don't know where you are but
here is one kit http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=KC5442

If your bike doesn't have a battery which is chaarged from an
alternator/generator then it will probably use an generator supply winding to
produce the input voltage. In this case a simpler kit can be used
http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=KC5466