Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Chainsaw blade sharpened?

On Sep 24, 5:40*am, wrote:
On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 14:46:16 -0400, "ng_reader"

wrote:
Using my Poulan "Wild Thing" chainsaw this weekend, and a lot of burnt wood
where I made my cuts.

Don't recall the chain being so bad, but a new one --- on Amazon --- is $20.

My question is, is that the definitive answer of an unsharp chain? *Slow
cutting and burnt wood?

And, as a follow up, if I may, youtube showed me how to sharpen with a tool.
Doesn't look that hard, but if the tool is as much as a new chain, well, you
do the math.

thanks in advance.

Hey! Look whats' on special right now!

I got one the year they put them up for $39.99. Not worth the money
IMO but maybe I got a bad one. It is a bit flimsy and mine does not
sharpen the teeth on both sides to the same lenght. I have to play
around with the 'tooth stop' and a micrometer to get it right after
changing sides. Others who have bought them are satisfied however.

If anyone does buy one, order up a couple extra wheels at the same
time. Also visit a good hardware site or store for a "wheel dressing"
'stone'. Then before using a new wheel, hold a piece of thick
carstock against it to get the right profile and file that card away
so you can refer to it when dressing the wheel.

Harry K