Posted to alt.home.repair
Worn out Retread Worn out Retread is offline

Default Chainsaw blade sharpened?

"ng_reader" wrote in message
. ..
Using my Poulan "Wild Thing" chainsaw this weekend, and a lot of burnt
wood where I made my cuts.

Don't recall the chain being so bad, but a new one --- on Amazon --- is
$20.

My question is, is that the definitive answer of an unsharp chain? Slow
cutting and burnt wood?

And, as a follow up, if I may, youtube showed me how to sharpen with a
tool. Doesn't look that hard, but if the tool is as much as a new chain,
well, you do the math.

thanks in advance.

Take your chain down to a good hardware store and get a round file to fit
your chain, a sharpening guide that clamps on to the file and you are in
business.

I had never sharpened a chain saw chain but within 10 minutes, I had
sharpened the chain. There really isn't much to it especially if you have a
vice to hold the chain saw bar steady when the chain is mounted on the saw.
After you have done it a few times, you can carry the file with you and
sharpen as necessary right on the job site.