Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rick Samuel[_2_] Rick Samuel[_2_] is offline

Default obama lovers

As an outsider, I don't think I get why Obama is so popular. He's run a
very well organised campaign, and has created a good image for himself,
but is that it? I don't see a lot of substance there, but it could just be
that I don't live in the US.

I am perhaps a little wary of campaigns which heavily rely on image. The
last one here in England was the Labour campaign of 1997, after which Tony
Blair became Prime Minister. These days, that Labour adminstration is not
viewed with a lot of respect, because it spent a lot of time talking
convincely, but little time achieving anything. I just have a fear that
Obama could turn into an American version of that.

Chris

Perception is all that counts in the "Good 'ol USA". He has changed his
story so many times, says what's convenient/expedient at the time/place he's
at.

McCain is another rich guy who has no concept of a wage earner life.

The US has the best government money can buy.