Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] alan200@iinet.net.oz is offline

Default Is our view of old engineering distorted by the products which survive?

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 23:31:35 +0000, Christopher Tidy
wrote:
Burned into my brain is the 1970's-era sight of brand new Harley Davidson's
sitting in a gleaming showroom...with a drip pan under each bike to protect the
floor from the drizzling oil.

Damn that sucks. No way I'd buy one of those new bikes with a drip tray
under it!

That's why their proper name is " Hardly Ever Run"

I like my '78 Suzuki farm bike, good fun & electric start. Cost me
$175 in '83, only replaced 1 chain & sprockets and several batteries.

Alan
Alan, in Gosnells, Western Oz.
VK6 YAB VKS 737 - W 6174