Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Comcast Dumping Newsgroups

On 2008-09-23, Maxwell Lol wrote:
Joseph Gwinn writes:

This one claims that Giganews is the best US provider.

A lot depends on what's important. Price is more important than binaries.
I tried Teranews, but I didn't like the tagline and the service.

So I went to glorb for $10 a year. No problems.

FWIW, Newsguy will put a default tagline (.sig) in -- if you
don't define your own .sig which prevents them from adding their own.
That may also be the case with Teranews.

How you do it is newsreader specific. In unix systems, it is
usually taken from a file named ".signature" in the user's home
directory. MS-DOS does not like files with a dot anywhere other than
between the 8-character filename body and the three-character filename
extension. Windows tends to be a bit more forgiving there, but I still
don't know whether they can accept a file whose name starts with '.'.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564