Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default Fitting skirting and new carpet

On Sep 24, 7:46*am, Lobster wrote:
wrote:
Is it best practice to have the gap under - or should I fit it flush
to the floor so the carpet fits up to it and not underneath it.

No, the carpet should butt up to the front of the skirting, which sits
on the floor (though if I'm fitting it a room with floorboards I allow
for a very small gap to llow enough wriggle-room to enable the boards to
be lifted later if necessary)

One other thing, it's a PVC tiled concrete floor (circa 1966) - are
the grippers glued to the floor or is the underlay glued to the floor
then the carpet glued to the underlay?

The grippers will be glued to the floor with gripfill or similar.

Except when they're nailed down. All my houses have had concrete
floors downstairs and the grippers were always nailed down.

MBQ