Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Chainsaw blade sharpened?

KC wrote:
On Sep 23, 4:53 pm, dpb wrote:
jim wrote:

I've never seen a saw burn wood to the point where it's smoking
unless, like Bub suggests - backward chain. ...

Try some about 20-yr dead ash sometime...

--

Or mock orange. Its the only wood I've cut that is so dense that it
makes the chain throw sparks.

You sure you don't mean Osage orange (bodark)?

This ash will/does, too...standing but dead for so long it's completely
dried out. I've a bunch yet to finish cleaning up in but they're so
much work I just hate it. Plus, the way ash grows w/ that fanning out
of the branches in all directions makes it such a pita to get into one
even w/ the lift...