Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus21403 Ignoramus21403 is offline

Default obama lovers

On 2008-09-24, Ed Huntress wrote:

On 2008-09-23, Cydrome Leader wrote:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...es/#more-20006

Great webpage!

As an outsider, I don't think I get why Obama is so popular. He's run a
very well organised campaign, and has created a good image for himself,
but is that it? I don't see a lot of substance there, but it could just be
that I don't live in the US.

I am perhaps a little wary of campaigns which heavily rely on image. The
last one here in England was the Labour campaign of 1997, after which Tony
Blair became Prime Minister. These days, that Labour adminstration is not
viewed with a lot of respect, because it spent a lot of time talking
convincely, but little time achieving anything. I just have a fear that
Obama could turn into an American version of that.

Chris

It's possible, and even those of us who are impressed by him recognize that
possibility. But, to me, he sounds like he has the right stuff to be
president at this time. There's a lot more going on there than his image.
There's also one of the best-managed campaigns in recent history, and a
sense you get from his associates, former students, and other law professors
that he has an excellent approach to decision-making. He certainly turned
back one of the biggest juggernauts in the campaign -- and Democrats, unlike
Republicans, don't resent Hillary Clinton.

But there isn't a lot of experience to support it. You have to be willing to
take some risk to support him.

Obama seems to be a bright and thoughtful guy who can organize things
very well and pay attention to details. Exact opposite of McCain.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/