Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Edward A. Falk Edward A. Falk is offline

Default electric four wheeler

In article 44DBk.415$nl3.334@trnddc05,
Winston wrote:
Karl Townsend wrote:
"The Kid", my 25 year old, seen a video of a snowmobile with electric power.
he'd like to do the same thing to a four wheeler.

Anyone have suggestions on where to go for design advice and part sourcing?

I suggested parting out an old electric golf cart. He's thinking there is
new technology that will make for a far snappier machine.

Karl

You can buy it new for $1K. Delivery is ~$620 more.
http://preview.tinyurl.com/4tto9z

1000 watt motor, which is less than 2hp.

I recently priced the components to build a 10 hp electric vehicle. I don't
think it can be done for less than $1500 just for the parts and not counting
the batteries.

--
-Ed Falk,
http://thespamdiaries.blogspot.com/