Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eregon[_3_] Eregon[_3_] is offline

Default obama lovers

Christopher Tidy wrote in
:

As an outsider, I don't think I get why Obama is so popular. He's run a
very well organised campaign, and has created a good image for himself,
but is that it? I don't see a lot of substance there, but it could just
be that I don't live in the US.

Not at all: all that Obama has is "image" - no "Substance" at all.

I am perhaps a little wary of campaigns which heavily rely on image. The
last one here in England was the Labour campaign of 1997, after which
Tony Blair became Prime Minister. These days, that Labour adminstration
is not viewed with a lot of respect, because it spent a lot of time
talking convincely, but little time achieving anything. I just have a
fear that Obama could turn into an American version of that.

Your fear is well grounded and shared by many, including ME!

--
I used to be an anarchist but had to give it up: _far_ too many rules.