Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ron Thompson[_2_] Ron Thompson[_2_] is offline

Default Boat trailer trouble

"Stupendous Man" wrote in
:

Asa motorcyclist I hold boats as one of the most dangerous things on
the road. You never know when the wheels will come off, if the lights
work, or what is going to fly out of them. I have been nearly hit by a
giant donut, life jackets, beer cans, etc. Did I mention beer cans?
where did the beer go?
One time I was watching froma distance, until it was safe to pass, a
life jacket doing an orbit for a while. it would pop up, swing to the
side, sissapear, repeat. Then, it came up high, the wind caught it and
out it came, taking a 5 foot wooden oar with it.

Please, use bearing buddies, wash out and inspect the bearings every
spring, and secure the contents. And leave the beer to the passengers.

I do the inspect and repack in the fall. No need to let it do damage all winter.

--

Ron Thompson
Riding my '07 XL883C Sportster

http://www.plansandprojects.com