Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nige Danton Nige Danton is offline

Default Metal Halide

On Sep 24, 5:57*am, "Toby" wrote:

I am not bothered if there is a few minute warm up time, as I won't be using
it for PIR activation, just general use when having a BBQ etc.

Not an answer to your query but would comment that unless your patio
is very large or and the lamp is located some distance away then 500W
is very bright and a little harsh for general BBQ lighting. Have you
considered fitting two or three smaller lamps at appropriate
locations? Perhaps 60W incandescent equivalents mounted in suitable
outdoor housings.

If you have and decided that 500W of halogen equivalent is what you
want - then I'm sure that others will be along with more helpful