Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default Peace will come when it’s gone

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 14:17:49 -0500, Kris Krieger
wrote:

John Larkin wrote in
:

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 12:55:54 -0500, Kris Krieger
wrote:

John Larkin wrote in
:

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 15:58:56 -0500, Kris Krieger
wrote:
[snip]

So, without hard data, although I of course cannot make any sort of
valid claim your impression/opinion/experience (since you
expereinced it, not me), I am nonetheless compelled to doubt words
like "most"/"the majority" in terms of whether there is a higher
percentage of "evil *******s" so to speak among one or another given
belief system.
I suspect that, since pure atheists are still rather rare, it might
be
that they stick out in your memory more strongly, and the rotten one's
more strongly still.

- K.

Read "Who Really Cares?"

Um, if you don't care about responses/input, why do you bother
posting...? More to the point, if you don't care about input, why
should people care enough to read what you write?

As far as the USA goes, look at the red-state/blue-state maps, and
maps of religious tendencies, and maps of charitable donations per
capita, and maps of violent crime, and maps of volunteerism... all
easily available on the web. Interesting correlations.

John

I think you missed my point, but since you say that you don't care,
there is no reason for me to waste my time trying to clarify it.

When did I say that I don't care? And about what?

Maybe I misinterpreted "Who Really Cares?" - the way I perceived it was "I
read this as falling into teh category of "Who Really Cares?". THat was
confusing to me, because I was confused as to why soemone would post if he
didn't care about responses. ((I fully admot that I have some
communication glitches - I'm told that's part of the Asperger's.))

I suppose I should have cited this:

http://www.amazon.com/Who-Really-Car.../dp/0465008216

It's well researched and footnoted, written by a statistician who was
surprised by what he found.

John