Posted to alt.home.repair
retired53 retired53 is offline

Default Chainsaw blade sharpened?

"ng_reader" wrote in message
. ..
Using my Poulan "Wild Thing" chainsaw this weekend, and a lot of burnt
wood where I made my cuts.

Don't recall the chain being so bad, but a new one --- on Amazon --- is
$20.

My question is, is that the definitive answer of an unsharp chain? Slow
cutting and burnt wood?

And, as a follow up, if I may, youtube showed me how to sharpen with a
tool. Doesn't look that hard, but if the tool is as much as a new chain,
well, you do the math.

thanks in advance.

I use a small file I bought at HD for about $4.00. I've been using the same
chain ever since. I don't do a lot of cutting but I usually sharpen it just
about every time I use it.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...ctId=100388786