Posted to rec.woodworking
Rod & Betty Jo Rod & Betty Jo is offline

Default Help with 60's-70's Craftsman Table Saw ID and parts, please.

"Upscale" wrote in message

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
Why not make some?
That way, you can have a collection of zero clearance inserts.

For those of you reading this thread, I have a question in regard to zero
clearance inserts. The table saw I have is a 35 year old Rockwell Beaver
34050. Cutting the outline of an insert is no problem, but I'm a little
stumped on a workable method to properly raise the insert flush with table
saw top. The metal insert I have has adjustable Allen screws which don't
seem all that workable in a home made wooden zero clearance insert.

How do you raise your insert?

Thanks.

I cut the insert (MDF) very close to the desired depth and then used tape
layers for a flush fit.....works fine but for my next go around I think I'll
try hot melt glue (should be less fiddle till its just right time), probably
wax or oil the saw side (no stick). A press fit before the glue hardens
should make a easy exact flush edge. Rod