Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Roger is offline

Default Calculating your carbon footprint - a load of ********

The message
from Terry Fields contains these words:

I'm looking through various blogs to see if anyone has posted a link
to the Hadley data. Found plenty of mentions, but no link.

I did find this, however, which extends the data to July 08:

http://reallyrealclimate.blogspot.co...e-anomoly.html

It shows three data sets - UAH, HadCrut, RSS - and the author has
added linear regressions.

Those straight lines are artifacts with a slope heavily influenced by
the 1998 maximum.

It's interesting to note that the Hadley data is out of line with the

other two, from 2007 onward.

Doesn't really get out of kilter until the start of 2008 and Hadley has
previous form where the other lines drop steeply.

....and there's more data reduction on he

http://reallyrealclimate.blogspot.co...max-results=11

than you can shake a stick at.

All for interest only!

Plenty of graphs starting with the 1998 peak and another batch starting
at 2002 after the post 1998 low. I didn't see a single graph covering
the period 1999 -2007 (or even 2008) which would have given a linear
regression with a positive slope.

--
Roger Chapman