Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Roger is offline

Default Calculating your carbon footprint - a load of ********

The message
from The Natural Philosopher contains these words:

I hope it isn't time for round two already but The Independent front
page today has the latest twist on the GW saga - methane emissions in
the Arctic.

Yup. Not sure what the breakdown mechanism of methane is..guess it sort
of oxidises in due course.

IIRC it is not particularly long lived in the atmosphere, a few years at
the most

Its not particularly soluble is it?

Not AFAIK but I have no detailed knowledge of the subject.

Perhaps its the answer to 'renewable' aircraft fuel. Scoop it up and
burn it ;-)

Or catalyse it with CO2 to make ethanol..

Either case would be extraordinarily difficult given the widespread
nature of the release.

--
Roger Chapman