Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Calculating your carbon footprint - a load of ********

"Terry Fields" wrote in message
news

Roger wrote:

As you have Excel it would be relatively simple for you to take the Met
Office figures and see how polynomial regression differs from the MO
filter both during the period where the filter can work on all 21 years
and in the final 10 where the end bias gets stronger and stronger.

I don't like Excel much, but have to use it for the sake of
compatibility - I work from home on contract, and the stuff I produce
has to be fully compliant with with other systems. A spin-off of this
is that I don't know how the smoothing works, as you say it's probably
a simple moving-avarage. I only included that ghraph for interest's
sake.

I'd like to try playing with the MetO data, but two things aren't
working in my favour: a brief search of the MetO site didn't turn up
the figures - have you come across them. by any chance?; and I'm
supposed to be putting together a presentation for a formal meeting
next week, but more interesting things keep turning up :-/

http://www.r-project.org/ if you want to play.