Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Larry Spitz Larry Spitz is offline

Default Sofatable

It's my own design. I wanted the top of the top shelf to seem to be floating
in space. Hence even the underside of the top shelf is veneered in sycamore
to reflect light between the shelves.

Finish is platinum blonde (Platina) shellac and wax on the sycamore and
garnet shellac on the Zelkova. Then wax.

The lack of spreaders and stretchers was an aesthetic judgment and may have
been an error since it makes the table a bit more vulnerable. If I had
finished this while our old dog was still alive, it would not have been a
problem. With the new puppy, I'll have to wait until he calms down a
little.

Larry

Mark & Juanita wrote:

Very nicely executed. Was this your own plan as well?