Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Is microwave safe without the outside cover screwed on.

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 07:59:20 -0400, "cshenk" wrote:

"mm" wrote

Thanks, Edwin. I appreciate the defense and the thought that you'd do
that for me. I don't think i've come across anyone here who lives
closer than 50 miles (although on a couple other ngs I've found one
guy who lives 20 and 2 or 3 others who were 5 miles away.

Would you be anyplace near Norfolk, VA? If so, email me. It's not grunged
above.

Another generous offer. I am "anyplace" near Norfolk but Baltimore is
still too far. Thanks a lot.

Last night I looked at the fuse I had because I had to buy two to fix
my sister-in-law's microwave. (My brother had used the wrong but
almost identical rack in the thing, and it sparked, melted a bit of
plastic, and blew the fuse.)

It was 20 amps and I needed 12, so I went back to RS today and got a
15 amp. 4 for 3 dollars. (They also have 10 amps.)

I'll put that in tomorrow, plus the cover, which has 7 clips I see
now, that are part of the cover and clip to the metal parts of the
microwave. I think i can get one screw in too.

I was testy Saturday night -- sorry all -- and what I didn't want to
say is I have a temporary colostomy bag which also slows me down, and
upsets me, although they tell me that people function normally for
years with one. Although I'm not sure that includes crawling on one's
belly into the eaves of the attic. But 2 to 5 more months and he's
going to reverse that. I'm hoping to be 100% by April. And to have
warm food in a day or two.

Posted and mailed.