Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default O/T: What's Next?

"Swingman" wrote in message

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...C0A9669C8B 63

Besides, the 4,000 Canadian doctors and 6,000 nurses who've come here to
practice in the last ten years, plus the mandated 20% reduction in the
number of doctors graduating from medical schools, may well insure that an
increasing number, who would rather be bankrupt and alive, will come to

the
US to get the "best medical care money can buy" ... and without having to
wait for it?

Very possible, but I'm willing to wager that the conditions will change in
the not too distant future. Despite the cost of medical training that
students pay out of their own pockets, a sizable portion of it is subsidized
by the government. And then what happens, but many of them head down to the
US solely for the profit motive.

I think that tide will be stemmed to a large degree. Taking on Tim's warped
view of what consists of theft, it's stealing from our Canadian society to
get their training and then going to the US for profit. At the very least, I
can envision some type of mandated term of service in Canada before they're
eligible to leave.