Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Fields Terry Fields is offline

Default Calculating your carbon footprint - a load of ********

tony sayer wrote:

My BP has a smooth 'hump' as a function of time of day, peaking at
about mid-day, about ten points above the early-morning and
late-evening readings, but due to the scatter it would not otherwise
be obvious. Mean readings are 138 sd 9 systolic, 87 sd 7 diastolic.

My BP is falling at about 1mmHg every 8 days, again not obvious but
calculated form the regression equation slope of about - .12,

Have a go if you're interested, it's well worth going up the learning
curve, even if it takes a little time. Currently I'm bamboozling my
doctor with the graphs and statistics, as I don't want to take yet
another pill....the last one didn't do me any good at all, and he
wanted to put me on a combination that is currently not advised as it
is implicated in the formation of diabetes. I said 'no'....

Which one was that then?..

Amlodipine was the one that caused problems - and it wasn't the usual
swollen ankles thing.

The suggested combination was beta-blockers/thiazide diuretics, which
I'd been taken off a couple of years ago due to the diabetes risk.

HTH