Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default Piezo igniter output waveform - piezo sparker.pdf

These are from a Zippo barbecue lighter, with the load being 1000
Megohms; a Fluke 80k-40 driving a 10 Megohm scope probe.

So, the voltages are 1000X indicated!

I posted the best responses, many of the others were mundane.

The damped oscillations are interesting, and being as constant as they
are from hit to hit I suspect there's a mechanical resonance in the
igniter structure which is squeezing and stretching the piezo after the
hammer hits it.

JF

Attached Files
File Type: pdf piezo sparker.pdf (37.2 KB, 127 views)