Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default How to trim out bath vent on siding (pics)

On Sep 21, 8:56*pm, Mikepier wrote:
It is difficult to trim this out after the fact. *Best would be to get a
surface mount light mount that fits the profile of the siding and mount the
dryer vent to it. *Unfortunately, you already have the location cut. *It
looks like a through-the-siding light mount might still fit in the hole and
you can mount the dryer vent on that.

Because of how the joists runs in my bathroom, and because there is a
plumbing vent pipe in the same joist bay by the sill plate, I had no
choice but to drill the 4" hole in that spot. I could not go up,down
or side to side, this was it.
As I posted before, if I can find those mounting blocks at Lowes, HD
or some other building supply store, it loos like the best option.

or cut some yourself from one-bys, prime, caulk, paint.

nate