Posted to alt.home.repair
Johnl Johnl is offline

Default Weedwacker will not start, Fuel problem? craftsman

It's a weed wacker. No bowl.
"henrypenta" wrote in message
On Sep 21, 4:48 pm, lbbss wrote:
My weedwacker will not start craftsman 21cc. I think fuel is the
problem. I keep pumping the side button to give it fuel 10 times and
still the spark plug is not wet when I unscrew it. I tried puring
some of the fuel inside the spark plug chamber. Then I got it
started for 15seconds, but then it died again. What can I do to
make sure the fuel get to the spark plug? Also not sure what gap
size to use, right now it is at .33 I have a craftsman c944-517360
model. Also I hope I did not over do it pulling the chord, since it
does not retract all the way (its out about 4 inches). Thanks.

I know your problem is when you fill the gas their are more particals
of debree in the gas you buy, so it should be filtered through a piece
of cheese- clouth, or a funnel with a strainer in it. To help with
your problem you must drain all the gas lines and take off the fuel
bowl, which is a round copper, or painted bowl with a couple of screws
on the bottom for the high speed adjustment and air mixture, and also
empty gas tank and fill with a fresh filtered gas. When you take the
bowl off you should see little particals of dirt or tiny rocks. good
luck henry. If you need help,