Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Generator Livin'

... he should have stocked enough snowshovels for
the anticipated rush.

Can't do that cost effectively...by the time it's certain there actually
will be an unusual event it's too late to get additional stock in. And,
if over stock, that's simply unsold inventory eating up operating
capital. I'm w/ the owner...stock based on long term history.

Meanwhile, I'll bet part of the reason they want those gas station
tanks full is so that FEMA and other emergency vehicles can pump it
directly out of the underground tanks using a portable pump.

Possibly, but I think they tend to bring their own fuel reserves rather
than relying on local supplies except for very unusual circumstances, at
least in the very short term.