Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Possible to Mix Composite Decking Material w/Pressure TreatedWood?

Chuck W1CEW wrote:

We have pressure treated wood stairs leading up to our front door from
the street level. At some point someone decided to paint that
material, and EVERY year, I have to repaint, because the paint doesn't
seem to really "stick" well to the pressure treated wood material. It
peels off in ugly patches. Not how I want my front entryway to appear
of course! One thought I had is to replace the most visible pieces,
(stair treads and rails) with new composite planks. However, I am not
sure it is possible or advisable to mix and match these materials?

Thanks for any suggestions!

-Chuck

Is the bottom side painted? If not, it likely soaks up moisture that
makes the top peel, assuming
that properly prepped in the first place.