Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: What's Next?

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 23:28:11 -0500, Upscale wrote:

I for one, am glad that I'm part of and benefiting from the Canadian medical
system. Sure, like any other system it isn't perfect and there's always room
for improvement. Am I being selfish? Damned right I am. I want to survive as
much as the next person and I'd like being able to do so with a certain
level of self respect. That wouldn't happen in the US system.

In the past, I've been offered well paying jobs in the US and I've always
turned them down because of what it would cost to pay for my medical needs.
The reality is that I'd be working to survive in the US while up here in
Canada at least I can work to live with some hope. There's a big difference
between the two.

That's a very good summation of what I hear from the Canadians I know.