Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels[_2_] Lee Michaels[_2_] is offline

Default O/T: What's Next?

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
Lee Michaels wrote:
"B A R R Y" wrote
In 2007, The "uptick rule" was eliminated in the US stock markets. This
allows hedge funds to grossy short stocks, in some cases greatly hurting
the market cap of a company.

The "uptick" or short selling rules have been reinstated.

When?

Within the last few days, I think last wednesday or thursday. Don't quote me
on that. This is not my area of expertise. Just the general fallout I hear
from the financial news. I do not directly work with stocks.

I do know that the naked short selling is now prohibited.

I am pretty sure that stock based futures are still intact. But these only
exist for certain stocks and it is a very limited market. It hasn't really
caught on. The equity index futures are available for that sort of thing.
And all of these have strict margin requirements.

Or do you mean "The List"?

No.