Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Comcast Dumping Newsgroups

David Lesher wrote:
Joseph Gwinn writes:

So, I'm in the market for a newsgroup service. Comcast used Giganews,
which worked well except when Comcast screwed it up somehow. Going
direct eliminates one layer of trouble.

What else do people use and like, or hate, and why?

I get shell service from panix.com for $100/year. It's the
best money I spend. But even I admit that if I wanted solely
news, it might be over kill.

I second the panix. They run a good show which is well worth the $100.
Ripco.com would pretty much be their equivalent in Chicago. Both are
smaller ISPs that go back forever and aren't retarded like the large value
subtracted companies.