Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default PT: First as tragedy, second as farce

On 2008-09-22, Ed Huntress wrote:

"Ned Simmons" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 01:23:17 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

As her alter ego said on SNL last week, the press should grow a pair.
And
if
they can't, she'll loan them hers.

My wife's reaction the first time she saw Sarah was, "Tina Fey's gonna
have a field day with this."

Your wife is a woman of considerable insight. Mine just said, "She's in
over
her head."

I want to watch her debate with Joe Biden. The debates should show
that, if it is true. That she does not want to participate in anything
un-scripted, suggests that she has something that she does not want to
show.

Yeah, I want to see that, too. But the RNC set the rules so that she
won't
have to confront Biden directly. They've been surprisingly open about
this.
They basically acknowledge that she'd get creamed if she had to go off
the
script.

Expect a string of well-scripted, non-responsive, unspecific remarks from
her.

So, what are the rules? Would Sarah have to answer any debate points
made by Joe Biden? Or will she know the question in advance and read
answers off a teleprompter, which would be unlikely?

Here's an article that explains some of it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/21/us...ru les&st=cse

--
Ed Huntress