Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Lupton Steve Lupton is offline

Default Natural Gas Alarm

naffer wrote:
An elderly relative has lost much of his sense of smell. Recently, he
left the gas hob turned slightly on. This was found by a neighbour,
visiting who smelt it.

I suggested getting a gas alarm. He went to B&Q and asked for a gas
alarm. He bought what they suggested.

What they sold him was a CO alarm! (This isn't about B&Q staff
quality, since I don't really know what he asked for).
So, I have decided to buy him a gas alarm.

Any ideas about a good brand/model etc. How much should I pay?
Are the alarm used on sailimng bopats to detect Calor Gas escapes
suitable?

(We'll keep the CO Alarm, 'cos it's a good idea to have one as well.)

Hi

How about this (under a tenner)

http://tinyurl.com/4naf9k

Regards,