Posted to rec.woodworking
David G. Nagel[_2_] David G. Nagel[_2_] is offline

Default O/T: What's Next?

Tim Daneliuk wrote:
David G. Nagel wrote:
Tim;

A couple of years ago the premier of Alberta was bragging that the local
health care service was down to only 400 people who needed bypass
surgery. This was down from several thousand a few years before. They
were making progress unless you were one of the 400.

My wife was diagnosed as requiring bypass surgery. The only reason she
didn't go directly to the OR was because they were working on someone
else. She was the first person the next morning.

For life threatening situations, Canadian healthcare seems to work
well for most people - though I doubt you'd find a state in the US
with a backlog of 400 bypasses. OTOH, ask someone with kidney
stones or gall stones how they feel about their "care" in Canada.

Yes we did have insurance and she also worked for the hospital but that
only affected the cost, which was on the order of one dollar. Don't know
what that was for.

Canadian health care is not a panaciea, it has some serious problems
that have to be worked out.

Dave Nagel

BTW; What does this have to do with woodworking?

It's marked "OT" and ... is ...
Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/

Heart bypass operations can be life threatening and non life
threatening. That still doesn't justify a 400 person backlog.

Dave