Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default O/T: What's Next?

"Doug Winterburn" wrote in message
I have been treated and survived colon cancer and my wife has survived
two strokes and carotid artery surgery as well as multiple stents. We
had zero waiting periods for treatment.

There are wait times for cancer treatment and long wait times for many other
types of treatment, but it's free. One thing I didn't mention, is that "Yes"
Tim is correct in that in many respects the Canadian Health Care system is
bloated and wasteful. I can't fault him for saying that, but there's also a
great many advantages to the Canadian health system and I've benefited from
them more than once. Time either doesn't believe there's any good within our
system or he chose to ignore them which is why I rushed to defend it despite
its inadequacies.

If I was hobbling around in great pain while waiting for a hip replacement,
I admit that I'd investigate going to the US to pay for immediate treatment.
But, that kind of treatment costs thousands of dollars and is certainly not
within the reach of many people unless they wanted to take out a second
mortgage on their house, assuming they owned a house in the first place.