Sir Edgar

Default 22-580 Planer Dust Collection

Group: rec.woodworking Date: Fri, Sep 5, 2003, 11:19am (EDT-3) From:
(WoodChuck34)
I just got a Delta 22-580 Planer (not a gloat) and wow (okay, maybe a
little gloat). Anyway I used it for the first time 2 nights ago and it
does produce a great finish, but also a lot of shavings. I read all the
posts here before I chose one and knew dust control with these things
(this is my first planer) is an issue, but I wasn't prepared for the
shavings.
snip
I bought the same model and had the same problem. After a lot of phone
calls and letters to Delta, I received a phone call from the General
Manager. He said that they had a lot of dust collection trouble with
that model and that he would send two men in a truck to my house, take
it away and give me my money back. They were true to their word and they
came and got it and handed me a check for the full amount that I had
paid. I really did like that machine. But I went and bought a Jet and am
happy with it. It works very well and there is not a speck of dust
(almost).
Peace ~ Sir Edgar
=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F 8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=
=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8