Posted to sci.engr.heat-vent-ac,sci.energy,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Pat Pat is offline

Default Radiant Floor heating - nonliquid?

On Sep 21, 1:57*pm, wrote:
I see a lot of "Radiant Floor Heating" with a rubbery tubing stapled under
the floor. SInce I tend to be in horror of any kind of leaks, I wonder why
they don't use some compresses gas instead?

Mind you, I have even had experience with central venting "leaking": I
haven't used a/c since my folks died but my uncle's a/c duct sweats onto my
ceiling. That's the price for freeloading (hot air rises) off his a/c.

They make electric radiant heating systems but they experience the
same problems. The electricity sometimes leaks. That's why they put
those covers on electrical outlets in houses that have kids.

The only real solution is a hat made of aluminum foil. It works great
for electricity and all of those people listening to your thoughts.
Sometimes it even keeps the voices in your head quiet.