Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Is microwave safe without the outside cover screwed on.

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 11:13:19 -0400, Phisherman
wrote:

Why take a chance? How difficult is it to ask a friend or neighbor to
help you put the cover back on?

It wouldn't be difficult, except they've done so many things for me
already. One stopped by my house twice and brought things I needed to
the hostpital; 3 others brought me food, 2 from the grocery according
to what I wanted, and one that she made herself; Another couple
picked me up at the hospital and wanted me to stay a couple nights at
their house; Another took me to the hospital for a follow-up appt. I
would have taken a cab, but he insisted. One drilled out my door
locks at home and changed the locks so I could return home, because
the hospital lost my keys and my friends with keys were away for a few
days, I'm hoping someone will mow my tiny lawn, but I may end up
paying a neighbor who mows several lawns, I presume for money. But he
mowed away my new rose bush, outside my fence, earlier this summer, so
I'm not eager to have him mow inside the fence.

One is having me for dinner and giving me a room so I can spend the
night and have lunch the next day. Her son-in-law is going to pick me
up and take me home. (Actually, I may be able to drive by then so I
won't need the ride or the room.)

And more.