Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shedload of problems?

Billaboard wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Billaboard wrote:

The one thing I can't find from the Keter website is how long the
assembly takes and whether 2 people are essential for the whole job
or just for fitting the roof. I assume I'd have to find a second
pair of hands for a good 8 hours after the ground was prepared.

I assembled one of these a few weeks ago, I think it was this one
http://outstanding-keter.co.il/catal...t=7&pr=1&num=4

Doddle. Did it by myself in well under 4 hours, including unpacking
it. All the parts were marked, instructions very clear, nothing
heavy to lift.

That's encouraging, as the one I was thinking of was one size down. I
downloaded the pdf's from the site, and it says 2 people for the roof,
and the pic shows one inside and one outside.

It said that in the instructions for the one I did, but it was easy enough
by myself - although I'm used to working alone. The roof panels don't weigh
a lot. It would be easier with two people though.

I'm a bit old and decrepit to be in 2 places at once, or even one
place where much work takes place.

Can you confirm the bendiness was OK? The small stores in B&Q from
that maker were terrible. I had to bend one to open the door and then
the back came loose. I assume that just reflects on the 'craftsman'
who put it together.

Its one of those things that are bendy until the whole thing is assembled,
then it all locks together. I was most impressed with how rigid it was.
Very well designed & thought out.

The two part floor was joined with self tapping screws and the roof was held
to the sides with them as well. I used a drill driver. The side were held
to the base with large plastic 'bolts'. I used Mole grips to get them
really tight.

If I needed a shed I would probably buy one of these. Can't say more than
that really.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk