Posted to alt.home.repair
Auto Body Auto Body is offline

Default Anyone familiar with code for Glenville, NY (Schenectady County)?

"h" wrote in :

"Rich Weed" wrote in message
6.8...
Is it allowed to install a gas furnace in a closet such that there is
no return installed? The door is louvered, so the furnace sucks the
air from inside the closet that comes through the vents in the door.

I ask because a joint in the PVC exhaust (it's the warmer of the two
PVC tubes (3"? in diameter)) has no glue, is leaking water, and
easily pulls apart.

Strangely, I turned on the heat for a short period with my CO
detector there and pulled the tube apart and it didn't go off...does
that mean the detector is bad? The exhaust does have CO in it,
doesn't it?

No return would mean the exhaust gets distributed throughout the
apartment...

tia, Rick

How did you get gas hookup in Glenville???? There are no gas lines
here. Why don't you call the building department and ask about the
regs?

There is gas for the furnace (National Grid). Glenville building dept? k
i'll try them.