Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rust INSIDE a shed

"mrl859" wrote in message
I have an Arrow brand steel shed. Although I have never seen water inside,
the inner roof is coated with rust. Additionally, anything steel inside
the shed is rusted, even things that I know could not have gotten wet. Any
ideas? Lack of ventilation? The floor is plywood on top of Arrows supplied
foundation kit. Help?

Lack of ventilation and condensation. Is there a moisture barrier atop the
ground the shed sits on? That plywood is of little help and may be rotting
on the underside. Given the right atmospheric conditions, the warm moist
air can condense and coat everything inside. I once saw my tablesaw top
rust before my eyes as it was cold and a warm moist breeze came in when I
opened the door.