Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is microwave safe without the outside cover screwed on.

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 01:51:05 -0400, mm
wrote:

I just got out of the hospital with a broken arm and abdominal
surgery. (you don't want to know the gory details) It's very hard to
do anything. I live alone.

I have a small microwave whhich had an intermittent fuse. This
happened a week before I was hospitaized, and I hadn't fixed it yet.
It would be great to have hot food. I can replace the fuse but
finding and getting and and putting on the metal cover, the cabinet,
is probably beyond me. It it safe to use without that outside cover?
How far away would I have to be?

What if I do find the cover but I can't do more than lay it on top, in
place, but can't even put one screw in. Does the cover help at all
wihout any screws? What about one screw? Does the screw have to be
in tight?

Thanks a lot.

Why take a chance? How difficult is it to ask a friend or neighbor to
help you put the cover back on?